As an intergovernmental organization, CERN has its own health insurance: the CERN Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS).
The main purpose of the CHIS is to safeguard its Members against the financial consequences of illness, accidents and maternity by providing reimbursement of expenses arising from medical treatment. A Third-Party Administrator operates the CHIS: UNIQA, whom you may contact for further information and advice, for queries concerning your coverage, the calculation of your reimbursements or your membership.
CERN continues to monitor the evolution of the novel coronavirus COVID-19
For up-to-date information, please see: https://hse.cern/news-article/coronavirus-recommendations.
Furthermore, a Helpline has been set up to answer your questions. Call +41 22 766 7777, from 8-17h.
We remind you that you have access to a Telemedicine service 24H/7D with MEDGATE.
France : how to obtain your QR code -Updated June 10, 2021-
- You have been vaccinated in a vaccination centre:
1) You were vaccinated after May 3rd, 2021: no problem, your vaccination certificate contains the QR code.
2) You received your two doses of vaccine before May 3rd : after the title "patient code", your vaccination certificate indicates a 9-letter code, to obtain the QR code you can go back to your vaccination centre and ask them for the QR code. You can also, with your 9-letter code, go to your pharmacist who will consult VACCIN COVID and give you your QR code
- You have been vaccinated by your doctor (with the AstraZeneca vaccine):
They may not be able to give you a QR code.
The solution could have been to call the toll-free number 0800 08 71 48 or send an email to vaccin.ameli.fr, unfortunately this service does not yet work for people with a foreign health insurance fund although they assured us that they are looking for solutions.
Vaccination certificates -Updated July 16, 2021-
The EU digital COVID certificate is recognised across the EU and EFTA countries. The Swiss COVID certificate has been interoperable with the EU’s since 9 July see: https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-84383.html. An FAQ about the recognition and use of the Swiss COVID certificate in the EU/EFTA area is available here: https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/67574.pdf.
Please note that the Swiss COVID certificate cannot be scanned into the French TousAntiCovid app, but it is recognised by the certificate verification app in France (TousAntiCovid verif).
Information about the EU digital COVID certificate, and its range of applicability, is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en.
Information about the French certificate, and how to convert it to the EU format is available here: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/actualites/A15022?lang=en (page automatically translated from French).
Information about the Swiss certificate is here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat.html.
If you have received two doses of vaccine in Geneva, and have not yet received information about your certificate, information on how to request one is available here: https://www.ge.ch/en/covid-19-certificate/covid-certificates-e-demarches-application-form.
Important information on reimbursement of COVID-19 tests -Updated July 14, 2021-
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, various screening tests for the virus have become available: RT-PCR tests, serological tests carried out by healthcare professionals and over-the-counter tests. The conditions for reimbursement are different for each type of test. For more information, click here.
We remind you that claims can be sent in 4 ways:
- Electronic submission on MyUNIQA website. For more information, click here.
- Electronic submission on MyUNIQA application for smartphone. For more information, click here.
- Safe deposit of your "blue envelopes" in the "UNIQA" mailbox installed in building 33 - Visitors' Reception - which is located outside the Meyrin site in Switzerland, or in the UNIQA Office mailbox in the main building. Please note the blue UNIQA envelopes with the old address are still valid and can be used for sending your claims.
- Send your stamped "blue envelopes" by regular mail to the following address : UNIQA, Avenue de la Praille 26 - CP 1431 – 1227 Carouge *New address since 01.05.2021