As an intergovernmental organization, CERN has its own health insurance: the CERN Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS).
The main purpose of the CHIS is to safeguard its Members against the financial consequences of illness, accidents and maternity by providing reimbursement of expenses arising from medical treatment. A Third-Party Administrator operates the CHIS: UNIQA, whom you may contact for further information and advice, for queries concerning your coverage, the calculation of your reimbursements or your membership.
CERN continues to monitor the evolution of the novel coronavirus COVID-19
For up-to-date information, please see: https://hse.cern/news-article/coronavirus-recommendations.
Furthermore, a Helpline has been set up to answer your questions. Call +41 22 766 7777, from 8-17h.
We remind you that you have access to a Telemedicine service 24H/7D with MEDGATE.
Important information on reimbursement of COVID-19 tests -Updated March 3, 2021-
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, various screening tests for the virus have become available: RT-PCR tests, serological tests carried out by healthcare professionals and over-the-counter tests. The conditions for reimbursement are different for each type of test. For more information, click here.
Access to UNIQA offices
We inform you that since 03.11.2020, UNIQA's offices in Geneva are closed to the public, until further notice.
However, you can still contact UNIQA services:
- At CERN by phone on +41 22 767 27 30 from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm, and also Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- in Geneva by phone on +41 22 718 63 00 from Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
However, we recommend that you contact UNIQA by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UNIQA office at CERN remains open during the usual opening hours.
Access to the CERN site: restrictions
The access to CERN has been reviewed in light of the evolving situation, and accordingly specific instructions apply to ill persons, persons above 65 and vulnerable persons. For more information about access to CERN site, click here.
We remind you that claims can be sent in 4 ways:
- Electronic submission on MyUNIQA website. For more information, click here.
- Electronic submission on MyUNIQA application for smartphone. For more information, click here.
- Safe deposit of your "blue envelopes" in the "UNIQA" mailbox installed in building 33 - Visitors' Reception - which is located outside the Meyrin site in Switzerland, or in the UNIQA Office mailbox in the main building.
- Send your stamped "blue envelopes" by regular mail to the following address :UNIQA, 94 rue des Eaux Vives - CP 6402 - 1211 Geneva 6.